chris kalaboukis is a futurist, innovator, inventor, writer, and experienced product manager. He is the founder of IDEATE+EXECUTE, a global strategy and product management consultancy specializing in the development of new products, services, and strategies for hospitality, financial services, technology, media, and retail/e-commerce companies. He is also named inventor on 147 patents and cited on 1395 patents in the internet, social networking, and fintech space. A serial entrepreneur, he has helmed several startups from inception to launch. He has authored several books on innovation and the future and blogs and podcasts at thinkfuture.com
CHRIS KALABOUKIS, CEO
thinkfuture with kalaboukis
5x a week: the award-winning video show and audio podcast featuring both relevant and powerful interviews as well as deep insight from the future from kalaboukis, the optimistic futurist™. request an interview.
Inventor on 147 issued patents and cited on 1395. Examples below:
- Automated Friend Finder
- Disclosed are methods and apparatus for automatically connecting individuals. A private profile of an individual may be automatically generated. The private profile of the individual may be automatically compared with private profiles of a set of individuals such that one or more of the set of individuals are identified as matches for the individual, wherein the private profile of the individual includes private data and each of the private profiles of the set of individuals includes private data. The private profile of the individual is not publicly available to other individuals that have access to a public profile of the individual. The individual may be automatically notified that the individual has been matched with the one or more individuals, thereby enabling the individual to initiate communication with the one or more individuals. The similarities between the private profile of the individual and the private profiles of the one or more individuals are not revealed to the individual or the one or more individuals.
- Social Network Commerce Model
- Rules-based commerce system or marketplace that proactively acquires and purchases, on behalf of consumers, works submitted by creators. In one implementation, the system involves a rules engine that makes current and future purchases of electronic content and code based on the positive fulfillment of specific pre-created criteria. Some particular implementations of the invention can be implemented to create a net of income from a large number of sources in order to support one or more social media activities. Other implementations of the invention can be configured to create forms of sponsorship whereby a consumer can create rules to automatically acquire and pay for a future work that meets one or more criteria. On the creator side, implementations of the invention can be configured to assist creators to develop an audience and corresponding income streams to support social media creation activities.
- Apparatus and methods for managing a social media universe
- Methods and apparatus include features for managing social media universes. In one embodiment, media content and community members that have been associated with a new concept for creating a new universe are searched on a plurality of media content servers. For each found new concept, an association is retained between the new universe for the new concept and any found media content and community members. When a requesting user requests to view the new universe, a representation of the media content and the community members that are associated with the new universe is displayed for the requesting user.
- FIRESTARTERS 2021: The Future Is Better Than You Think
- IFTF – Technology Horizons Member Retreat: The Internet Of Actions – The Basket Of Desires & Your Salesperson Of The Future
- IFTF – Technology Horizons Member Retreat: When Everything is Media – A Perspective on Conversational Commerce
- IoT SLAM – Making Magic: Building The Seamless World
- IOTAConf – A Seamless World
- Google/Next: The Future of Home
- SIME Miami – Managing Exponential Growth
- Smart Cities 2.0: The Present And Future Of Urban Innovation – Vodaphone Enterprise Studio Innovation Events
- Engineering Serendipity and Generating New Thinking
- Embracing Change and Conquering Disruption
- Growth Through Innovation – Implementing Successful Programs
- Technology, Retail, Financial Services & Smart Cities Innovation
- The Future of Work – the gig economy and defeating job loss through automation
- The Future of Sales – it’s broken and how it can be fixed, decluttering the internet
- Seamless World: Reconfiguring reality to make us better humans
- The Future of Education – it’s deeply broken and how to fix it
WORK WITH ME
What is Product Management? There are many answers to this question. For me, it is the full end-to-end process of developing a profitable new product, from inception to launch and beyond. And the first key step in any kind of product development is IDEATION, tempered by DEEP RESEARCH and DESIGN THINKING with your potential and current customers. What does your customer want? Is it a want or a need, and what are they willing to pay for?
“Execution is everything,” – John Doerr
You can have the best product idea, the most engaged prospects, and a primo business model, but without flawless execution, it’s all for nothing. I’ve repeatedly successfully launched products and projects for major banks, hospitality companies, and tech firms: a single overqualified, experienced product manager who regularly over-delivers is the dividing line between success and failure.
“Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped.” – Eric Thomas
While some people value ideas over execution, and others say execution is everything, I believe that both innovation and execution are equally essential in product management. Ideation and innovation do not end once the execution starts, they run in parallel, all the way through the product lifecycle, improving the product in an agile way, until your end result, which is a perfect match to your customer’s desire.